OCCITANIA OCCULT ORDER T-Shirt
- 190gsm t-shirt.
- White heat transfer vinyl on black t-shirt.
- Printed in the south of France.
About the design :
- The cicada, one of the symbols of our region. The people of Provence adopted the noisy critters as their mascot, and the motif made its way into everything from regional fabrics to pottery displayed proudly outside Provençal homes as good luck charms.
- The Occitan cross is the regional symbol of Occitania, and has been for nearly 1,000 years. Occitania is a cultural region that comprises about 1/3 of France in southern regions, some of the Pyrenées mountains, and parts of Spain. Some believe the origin of the cross to be pre-Christian. Its origin may have been a twelve-ray solar wheel, such as one found in Saint-Michel-de-Lanes not far from Toulouse. The twelve discs may have symbolised the twelve houses of the zodiac.
- The Pentacle is an ancient symbol of a unicursal five-pointed star circumscribed by a circle with many meanings.